You will love these delicious Mini Corn Breads. I made this recipe using a tin of sweetcorn kernels but fresh corn or frozen will work too.
- 375g cake flour
- 225g cornmeal
- 10ml salt
- 20ml baking powder
- 110g sugar
- 480ml milk
- 2 free-range eggs
- 110g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- Small tin sweet corn kernels, drained
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease 8 – 10 mini loaf tins with melted butter.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together except for the sweet corn kernels. Mix until you have the consistency of a sponge cake batter, then add the sweet corn.
- Stir to combine thoroughly. Pour into the prepared loaf tins. Bake for about 20 minutes in the top of the oven. (Alternatively, you can bake these in a muffin tray lined with paper cases.)
- The cornbread is ready when it has a golden colour and is springy to the touch. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.
Stylist: Lisa Clark | Photographer: Warren Heath