I love anything that is served in a bowl with a spoon - so when these breakfast bowls popped up on what's trendy right now - I was delighted!
Get the recipe for the Chocolate Goddess Breakfast Bowl below...
Here's how you make it:
- 1 cup uncooked white quinoa
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, plus more for serving
- 1 cup coconut milk
- pinch sea salt
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3 Tbsp honey or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp NoMU vanilla extract
- 3-4 squares Lindt salted dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Mixed berries
- Sliced banana
- Coconut sugar
- Hemp seeds or chia seeds
- Heat the milks in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add the quinoa and a pinch of salt, and stir.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and cook for 20-25 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Once the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, remove from heat and add cocoa powder, honey (or coconut sugar) and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add a bit more almond milk if you prefer the texture thinner.
- Serve each bowl of quinoa with a small square of dark chocolate, and any other desired toppings (listed above).