Try this extremely easy recipe for lemongrass and ginger cordial for a refreshing, zesty summer drink.
- 6 stalks fresh lemongrass
- 6 cm wide piece fresh ginger, peeled & crushed lightly
- 300g light brown sugar
- 1 liter of spring water
- Rinse the lemongrass and remove any dried stalks. Peel the ginger and roughly chop both.
- Place the sugar and water in a saucepan and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the lemongrass and ginger, bring to a boil. Boil until liquid thickens slightly 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool before straining out the ginger and lemon grass,
- Store in a clean bottle.
- To serve: Put 3 tablespoons of the cordial into a tall glass. Fill the glass with ice cold spring water and stir.
Stylist: Lisa Clark | Photographer: Warren Heath