BEAN TO BAR CHOCOLATE
John Ferry of Madécasse called me a few weeks ago and presented me with a treasure box filled with one of the world’s highest quality ‘bean to bar’ chocolates.In three short years, Madécasse has succeeded in producing an award-winning chocolate that has received critical acclaim in virtually every market it is sold. Madécasse was founded on the idea that it was possible to develop a chocolate business that was of the highest international quality while benefitting the local community in which it operated. From its humble beginnings to its current position, Madécasse has consistently succeeded on both counts.
Makes 15 Truffles
- 75g Madécasse Salt and Nibs Chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 75g Madécasse Exotic Pepper Chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 45 ml Cream100g Madécasse 70% chocolate
- 15 tooth picks
- A piece of Styrofoam
- Maldon salt and pink pepper to garnish
- Place a bowl over a pot of boiling water, add the salt and nibs chocolate, the exotic pepper chocolate and the cream. Allow to melt and then place in the fridge to set completely. This will form your ganache filling.
- Using the same method but in a separate bowl, melt the 70 % chocolate.
- Once the ganache has set use a melon baller to scoop out perfect rounds, place these on a plate and into the freezer to get completely cold.
- Once solid stick a toothpick into 1 one end and use it as a handle to dip the truffle into the melted 70% chocolate. Poke the other end of the toothpick into the styrofoam to set. While chocolate is still soft sprinkle the truffles with a pinch of maldon salt and a few pink peppercorns.
Stylist: Lisa Clark | Photographer: Nigel Deary