There is nothing more delicious than a perfectly moist and moreish vanilla cupcake, no wait, actually there is... A vanilla cupcake infused with vintage romance flower tea. Simple, subtle flavors that just work so well together.
Here's how you make it:
Makes 16 – 24
- 250g self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 250g butter
- 250g castor sugar
- 7.5ml NoMU vanilla essence
- 60ml scalded milk infused with 60ml CARMIEN vintage romance flower tea
- 100g butter
- 400g icing sugar
- 45ml milk
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Sift the flour and salt.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Beat the eggs together and gradually add a little egg to the butter and sugar mixture, beating well in between. The mixture should stay smooth until all the egg has been added.
- Sift half the flour into the butter mixture and fold in lightly. When the flour is almost completely folded in, fold in the liquid. Sift over the remaining flour and fold in.
- Fill approximately 16 – 24 cupcake cases 2/3 of the way. Place in the oven and turn down to 180 C. Bake for 15 minutes or until ever so slightly golden.
- Cream the butter and slowly beat in the icing sugar until completely incorporated, adding a little of the milk whenever necessary.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled decorate as desired.