As you should know by now, I love a quick and easy meal. Especially as I work with food all day everyday, the last thing I want to do is spend hours in the kitchen when I get home too. This is another great one pot wonder which is zesty, spicy and full of flavour.
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 15ml olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on
- 4 drumsticks, skin on
- Juice and zest of 3 oranges
- 3 fresh red chillies, finely chopped10ml
- Dried chillies
- 15ml coriander seeds
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 60 ml dark muscovado sugar
- 150g Madécasse 63% cocoa chocolate
- 20g coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- In a casserole dish, sauté the shallots and the garlic in the olive oil, then add the chicken pieces and brown on all sides. Add the orange juice and zest, fresh and dried chillies, coriander seeds, tomatoes and sugar and simmer for 5 minutes. Pop on the lid and cook in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, lift out the chicken and stir the chocolate into the remaining sauce. Serve with the sauce smothered over the chicken with generous amounts of chopped or torn coriander leaves.
Stylist: Lisa Clark | Photographer: Nigel Deary