What's better than Chocolate and Coffee? Double Chocolate and Coffee Cupcakes! This recipe is quick and easy and the end product is a match made in Heaven.
- 125ml fresh cream
- 200g Madécasse 80% cocoa chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 80g castor sugar
- 70g cake flour
- 15ml cocoa powder
- 2.5ml baking powder
- Frosting:250g Madécasse Arabian Coffee Chocolate
- 125ml cream
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Line muffin tins with paper cases and set aside.
- Place the cream and chocolate in a small, heavy-based saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs and castor sugar until light and creamy in colour. Beat in the chocolate mixture.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into a mixing bowl and gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tins, filling each paper case three-quarters.
- Bake for 20minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate and cream together in a bowl above a pot of boiling water. Place in the fridge to set slightly before using to frost the completely cooled cupcakes.
Stylist: Lisa Clark | Photographer: Nigel Deary