This is one of the easiest homemade breads to make using simple ingredients and it only takes one hour to bake. Serve warm with salted butter.
Makes 1 Loaf
- 3 Cups Nutty Wheat Flour
- 10g Instant Yeast
- 10ml Brown Sugar
- 15ml Honey
- 20ml salt
- 15ml oil
- 50ml sunflower seeds
- 50ml sesame seeds
- 1¾ cups Tepid Water
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place flour, yeast, sugar, honey, salt, oil, and seeds in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in the water. Mixture together and place in a warm place to double in size. Note: the mixture is quite wet and should resemble that of a fruit cake.
- Once doubled in size, spoon the mixture into a well greased loaf tin, filling it ¾ full. Brush lightly with egg wash and sprinkle with extra seeds.
- Bake for 1 hour or until bread sounds hollow when tapped with a flat hand.
- Remove from the tin and cool on a cooling rack.
Stylist: Lisa Clark | Photographer: Tessa Holding